Getting started with Botto requires some prerequisite knowledge of how to interact with the Ethereum blockchain. While this may sound like a difficult task, this guide should make the process simple.
In short, these are the general steps you will need to take. You will need to:
- 1.Set up an Ethereum wallet
- 2.Fund that wallet with Ether (Ξ or ETH)
- 3.Get some $BOTTO tokens or mint an Access Pass
- 4.Stake (deposit) $BOTTO tokens onto the Botto app
- 5.Vote on your favorite art pieces!
While these 5 steps are relatively simple, they will take you roughly 30 minutes. We recommend going through these steps procedurally on a laptop/desktop.
Access Passes do not need to be staked and are designed to be a simpler way to try out Botto, but still require an Ethereum wallet to acquire.
There are minimal fees involved in the form of Ether (Ξ), Ethereum's native transactional token. This is also covered in the Getting Started guide.