Botto is a generative artist governed by the community. Botto creates 350 art pieces a week and presents them to the community. These art pieces are considered a 'round', whereby individual art pieces are denoted as 'fragments'.
The community votes on these art fragments. Votes represent individual preferences on what a participant considers to be aesthetically pleasing art. Collectively, votes are used as feedback for Botto's generative algorithm - dictating what direction Botto should take its next round of art pieces. Over time, Botto shall create art guided and governed by the community.
Once a week, Botto will put one art fragment to auction on SuperRare. All auction proceeds are returned to the community. While the auction takes place, Botto produces a new round comprising of art fragments, so that the cycle can continue.
The first art piece was minted on the 22nd of October on SuperRare. On October 14, 2022 Botto completed its 52nd piece and concluded its Genesis Period.
Botto is now in its Fragmentation Period, with the first mint on November 15th and lasting 12 weeks.
Specifics on how Botto works, how to participate, and more, can be found throughout these docs.
- New voting rounds begin every Tuesday, 20:00 UTC / 16:00 EDT / 13:00 PDT
- Leaderboard boosting opens up for final 24hrs every Monday, 20:00 UTC / 16:00 EDT / 13:00 PDT
- Voting rounds end every Tuesday, 20:00 UTC / 16:00 EDT / 13:00 PDT
- New art fragments are added to the voting pool every Tuesday, 20:00 UTC / 16:00 EDT / 13:00 PDT
- Auctions are scheduled to begin every Wednesday, 20:00 UTC / 16:00 EDT / 13:00 PDT
- Auctions are scheduled to end every Friday, 20:00 UTC / 16:00 EDT / 13:00 PDT